How do I get my Partner to Listen to me?
Many couples I see are frustrated by their partner who ‘doesn’t hear me’ or ‘doesn’t listen to me’. It can be very isolating when you aren’t heard and can’t seem to get through to your partner until it’s too late and either one or the other gives up. Here are some very successful ways to improve communication with your partner:Be clear about what you want and what you need. Say to your partner : ‘I feel’_____ and ‘I need’ ______. Keep it that simple.
Get his/her attention before speaking about important topics by making eye contact or touching your partner on the shoulder to get his/her attention.
Ask your partner what the two of you can do about it together.
Don’t blame, shame, ridicule , demand or bring up the past. (Save that for your therapy session)
Thank your partner for listening and if you feel closer tell your partner (to motivate them toward repeating the same positive behavior).
If you’d like to schedule a free 15 minute session to discuss your relationship and how you’d like to improve it with coaching call and make an appointment or click the button below:
November 21, 2017 | Jean
Distance Therapy or Coaching Ft. Lauderdale and Boca Raton, Fl, Los Angeles, Ca
Phone / Chat / Email / Text
1. Distance therapy is a way for people who find it easier to express their thoughts and feelings via telephone counseling or email therapy to do soOnline Chat Coaching and Therapy by Innovative Counseling Services Inc. outside the traditional psychotherapy context. Some individuals feel less inhibited using the distance therapy format because they are not being observed by the therapist.
2. Phone or email counseling, even texting, offers a feeling of safety for people who feel uncomfortable disclosing intimate details of their life in front of another person.
3. Distance therapy is a wonderful option for the homebound and geographically isolated.
4. Distance therapy is a viable alternative to office visits for those who wish to maintain confidentiality.
5. It is also convenient. Instead of traveling and spending on gas, the individual can schedule his or her session when he or she wants within the complete privacy of their home.
Distance coaching or therapy can be done from anywhere in the world.
For Life Coaching go to: http://emdrcoach.simplybook.me/sheduler/manage
“What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.” – Henry David Thoreau
June 1, 2015 | Jean
Life is one transition or transformation to another.
It is a natural process so why do we fight it? fear it? or find ourselves in a rut?
December 22, 2014 | Jean
According to an article in the NY Times ‘More than 30 American universities have introduced coaching programs, including Harvard, Yale, Duke, New York University, Georgetown, the University of California at Berkeley, Penn State, the University of Texas at Dallas and George Washington.’
December 22, 2014 | Jean
Transition is not just part of life but is life. We are always in transition from birth until death and how we choose to accept and maneuver through is the key to self growth and success.
As life coaches we are helping others to move through transition in business, relationships, parenting, stages of life, illness toward health, work-life balance, retirement and moving through grief and loss.
We need coaches to help us gain insight, identify goals and support us through our lifetime of transitions.
Please share your current transitions with us and lets help each other!
May 7, 2014 | Jean
Coaching is for people who want to maintain a life of abundance, health, fulfilling workable relationships with friends, family and co-workers.
Are you starting a new diet, new job, have conflicts at work with coworkers or with family and/or friends?
A coach can you with support and accountability as you reach and maintain the life you want. See the many types of coaches that we will be listing here and keep your life happy!
Dr. Jean Pollack
March 12, 2013 | Jean